In 2012 the beach of Hoek van Holland was awarded the Blue Flag for the third consecutive year.
The Blue Flag is an international award given to beaches and harbours which participate in the ‘Blue Flag Campaign’ and which have prove to be clean and safe.
- · The water is of excellent quality
- · The beach is kept clean
- · The beach has sufficient toilet facilities ans rubbisch bins
- · The beach has life-saving equipment and a First aid post
- · Information activities are organises with regard to protecting the natural
- environment of the sea, beaches and dunes